S. Worthen (owlfish) wrote,
S. Worthen

Learning English, continued

Cross-referencing between rosamicula, Merrianm-Webster, the OED, and Amazon.co.uk, it really does look like "cutting board" is generally what is used in the US and "chopping board" is what is used in England. Fascinating. I have failed to notice this, however many I have bought.

There was widespread ambiguity in some of these sources, but the lack of entry for "chopping board" in Merriam-Webster clinched it for me.

Canadians? Which would you ask for, if you went shopping for a flat chunk of wood on which to take apart vegetables or meat by means of a knife?
Tags: language
  • Post a new comment


    default userpic

    Your IP address will be recorded 

    When you submit the form an invisible reCAPTCHA check will be performed.
    You must follow the Privacy Policy and Google Terms of use.