[P.S. Not because I think my musical tastes are obscure, but because they're somewhat internationally eclectic + I have various ongoing sampler sources which often means I haven't even heard lots of it since I don't listen to recorded music as often as I could.]
You have no idea how lucky you are, only getting first lines in so very few different languages. Also, that there were only four of these songs that I had never heard before. The question mark is for a bit of lyric I could neither decipher nor find online; I was pretty sure about enough of the rest of the opening line that I included it anyways.
1. Open up your music player. Hit shuffle.
2. Record the first few lines of the first 20 songs that come up that do not give away the name of the song. Skip instrumentals, but don't skip the embarrassing ones.
3. Make hapless LJ denizens guess the song names and artists. Google is cheating. For musical songs, the name of the musical is acceptable in place of the artist.
4. Least hapless LJ denizen wins admiration.
- You never gave them what they thought they'd need / you made them beg for you and you made 'em bleed
- Look into these eyes, hold onto these hands, believe in this heartbeat
- Este amor llega asi esta manera / no tiene la culpa
- Solita notte da lupi nel Bronx / nel locale stà suonando News Baby Stones
- Stacks of paper. My name in bold print. Yours beside it on this document.
- Corre a fari spenti la mia macchina / è un'ombra sull'asfalto
- I will haunt you, if you want me to / ghosts in caves circling around your room
- Hasta done voy / sin saber quien soy / hasta donde voy sin saber
- Perdona si te estoy llamando en este momento / pero me hacia falta escuchar de nuevo / aunque sea una instante tu respiracion
- Fed up with your indigestion. Swallow words one by one.
We wish - no, must - make our disgust with this abuse perfectly clear.
- There's something about my baby - I'm not really sure - but it makes other people stop and look at her.
- The wind blew from the [back?] line cross the big November sky
- Mis mayores intenciones han venido hacia astrás
Wand'ring through the back roads and the rain comes rushing down It's a damn tough life, full of toil and strife, we willingly undergo
- How can you say you're not having fun / when the road you're on is the lucky one?
Six-foot-six he stood on the ground, weighed two hundred and thirty-five pounds
- Armies and ice and dirty green, newspaper, shovels, sand on the breeze
Eleka nahmen nahmen / Ah tum ah tum eleka nahmen