Log in

No account? Create an account

Previous Entry | Next Entry

MA/MSc etc

Which does one earn?

Master's Degree
Masters Degree


Jan. 6th, 2013 10:48 pm (UTC)
To my shame I didn't know and had to google. The obviously grammatical answer is Master's (it is the degree of a Master it is a Master's degree). However, I very rarely see it written like that. That is the correct answer though.
Jan. 6th, 2013 10:58 pm (UTC)
Thank you for the comment - it's faintly reassuring as to the degree to which "Masters" is in common usage.

(Actual context, editing: I'm looking at an article, for a magazine which I do not edit, which spells it "Masters" throughout and was trying to decide how important it was to suggest correcting it.)
Jan. 7th, 2013 06:36 am (UTC)
That's what threw me. Grammatically "Master's" made more sense, but I couldn't remember ever seeing it written that way so assumed I was wrong (again, the resolution: Have more faith in myself).