* 7680 Harry Potter books stolen.
* One of the good things about my sister moving to D.C. is it ups the odds I'll be able to go back and visit Colonial Williamsburg, especially now that I know it has a working windmill.
* A day or so ago, I unexpectedly noticed a partial baguette lying, moldy, behind the barrel with the honeysuckle and clematis in it. I thought I would have remembered something like that being there if I'd seen it before. C. guessed that a friendly neighborhood critter left it there recently. This morning, there were crumbs all over the deck, but no baguette. At least I don't have to figure out a way to move it now! Meanwhile, the creeping thyme is starting to flower.
* Speaking of the deck, we lit the chimenea for the first time this year on Sunday night. It was a very pleasant way to spend the evening. Our chimenea is quite small, so keeping the fire going is a relatively high-maintenance activity. Still, once it's good and hot, the coals linger for an hour, radiating heat enthusiastically.
* Anime: I went to Utarpa on Friday night. It was the first time I'd seen any Fruits Basket, which is just as good as everyone said it would be. I'd like to start watching at the beginning, however, since the episodes I saw were in the middle of the plot arc. Other series shown and watched on Friday include Noir (intriguing), Earth Girl Arjuna (I still feel fairly neutral about this one), the beginning of the Black Rose arc in Utena (which is odd even by Utena standards), and Carried by the Wind (which was fluffy).
* I'm impressed by the idea of a U.S. presidential candidate's campaign team running a blog.
* So close, so far away. kashmera was in Toronto for an hour and a half, but a visit wasn't likely to work out under the circumstances. We'll try again in a more organized way some other time.
* We've made some particularly good meals lately, including rather elegant-looking scrambled eggs with fried green onion, my grandmother's herb salt, and a dollop of sour cream on the side. Also, the more times I make the citrus salad dressing, the more I really, really like it.
* Two snake stories in one day - neither of them mine. (here and here) Although I did see ep. 14 of Fruits Basket...