* I did, however, turn in a conference paper abstract on Friday, and added to my list of places to apply for funding this fall.
* I attended music night for the first time in months. It was good to do some singing again. All the regulars were there, as well as a number of visitors, perhaps 15 people in all.
* I should make quiche more often. I'd forgotten what a good meal it is.
* The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen proved an engrossing graphic novel, although clearly there's more plot to come. There was a major character or two left unaccounted for. I particularly liked the frame of Mina looking at a painting of a previous League, one which included Natty Bumpo, hero of (most notably) Last of the Mohicans. I can see why the movie adaptation chose Tom Sawyer over Natty for the movie, although personally, I think the latter would have fit in better to the original graphic novel.
* My mother went through a second major blackout in as many months, this time in Italy.
* haggisthesecond writes lovely synopses of classic novels "improved" by the addition of a serial killer.
* pittenweem hosted a games night. Settlers of Catan is still a good game, even if I'm still struggling ever to win a game of it. We also got in a game of Kill Doctor Lucky, while part of the gathering was busy fiddling with the still-in-progress wireless ethernetting.