* The local 7-11 recently renovated inside. It's a close, convenient store, but not one I need very often.
* I've been looking forward to the release of the Two Towers extended edition, curious to see what the revised version did to the plotline. I shopped around online this weekend and found the most competitive price I could. I think I did pretty well for myself, actually. I was going to order it right away, but realized that my 10 percent discount card at Indigo had expired. I filled out the form and waited for the confirmation email to arrive. I was cheap enough that I ordered it via regular post, not express delivery, so shipping time was due to be 3-4 days.
* My Indigo account is tied to my snail-mail speed email address.
* The next morning, I ordered the DVD. I needn't have waited for the confirmation email, as the discount code was automatically entered on my account online. Each day since Monday, I've eagerly looked to see if a confirmation of shipping email awaited me. No such luck, even when I checked this morning. I resigned myself to the fact it wouldn't ship before afternoon, and surely wouldn't arrive before Friday or Monday.
* As I was stepping into the shower this morning, the doorbell rang. I didn't go answer it, since I wasn't expecting anything interesting.
* There was a packing slip at the door saying that a package awaited me at the postal pickup counter at 7-11. At 7-11! So that's what the renovations were for. This is fabulous news, as our nearest postal pickup location before this was about a mile down the road and not really convenient for anything else. The downstide: The slip said that the package wouldn't be available for pickup before tomorrow after 1 pm.
* Despite my best intentions to stay home, I had to go into school, due to some important papers I had absentmindedly left there. En route home, I stopped by the postal counter. I finally produced a form of ID they were happy with (a letter from my mother!), and collected a box which seemed of a suspiciously appropriate size and from a suspiciously appropriate return address.
* I am very happy with Indigo today, and Canada Post for its 3-4 day delivery service. I have my own Gollum statue. As soon as I am done with class preparation tonight, I can at least watch a special feature.
* In related news, I had no idea that Kinder Eggs did movie tie-ins. (via Wormtalk)