* I only have a few more hours of grading to go. Hurray! I shall be done this afternooon. Last night, while I graded, C. watched FotR and said it was still the better of the two already-released movies.
* The world is lovely and white today, full of fluffy snow drifting through the air. I would mind this more if it weren't a Sunday. As is, it could complicate C.'s flight to Mexico. At least the walk didn't take long to shovel.
* I finally wrote a letter to my undergraduate roommate. I've been a dismally bad correspondent with her, given she at least diligently sends me Christmas cards every year. My father reports that there are also photos awaiting me in the envelope this year: including images of her two children, Quixote and Nefertiti. I really admire my roommate.
* The advent calendar gave me a stereo system today. It's a pity it's so small and non-functional.
* La Fenice has reopened. The BBC waxes lyrical about how great the views are, especially from the boxes. The problem with recreating La Fenice how it was is that the view is terrible from most of the boxes, and involves turning your neck at strange angles for hours on end. The view from the boxes is great, if what you want to see are the other boxes.