The oregano, the random seed packet plants, and all the ground covers are thriving. The rose bush and the honeysuckle, clematis, and sweet pea seeds are showing no signs of growth at all. I need to try more vines, and replace the rose bush with something - not sure what. I chose the rose bush in the first place because it was resilient to racoon attacks. The first few little seedlings of lemon balm have finally showed up.
Today was full of errands, the sort which accumulate after two weeks. An interlibrary loan article had come, library books needed returning, my mail box required checking, and that sort of thing. I ran into three people whose names began with J that I chatted to for a while, and several other people from my department whose names begin with other letters entirely (including carmen_sandiego and snow_drifted). Js were apparently overrepresented on campus today. With my head abuzz with historiographical sources from the workshop last week, I pillaged the library for all the books which had been recommended to me, and am seriously considering mail ordered the rest.
I'm happy to report that my mail brought me a lovely little package from England containing a twenty minute video about early English windmills, the one which was shown at the conference I went to the other month. I'd be happy to play it for any of you, as long as you promise not to pay me for the privelege.