- Happy Mountain Day (a Smith tradition)! I hope all of you had lovely weather and at least a few minutes with which to enjoy it.
- The landlady has hired someone to fireproof all the major doors in the house tomorrow. This consists of cutting white-glazed metal sheeting to fit the existing doors, which are all slightly odd shapes since it's an old house. I can't quite imagine what the new versions of the doors will look like.
- wakarusa posts an unexpectedly eventful tale of a canoe.
- Bandwidth theft is when a person incorporates others' content without permission, especially when it involves large file sizes that that person, on a website, directs other people to freely download from someone else's site. This is particularly an issue with videos hosted online. I worry that a meme currently making the rounds is encouraging the same practice, albeit on a trivially small scale. The meme encourages respondants to include an image hosted by other sites (but not sites designed for meme-traffic) into the response.
- If you're in Toronto and have nothing to do tomorrow/Thursday night, the Sunburst award ceremony will be held at the Merrill SF/F Collection at the Lillian Smith Library on College, starting at 7pm. The Sunburst is Canada's own equivalent to the Hugo or the Nebula award. The even is free and refreshments will be served. (Me, I have Cirque du Soleil tickets.)
I finally bought the album for this year's Eurovision. I listened to it on random today while sorting papers. Much to my surprise, a song came on…
This year's Eurovision song contest features a ridiculously large number of videos with very gloomy visuals, some justified, some not. Over half were…
I wrote this for a four-year-old, trying to minimize the amount of challenging vocabulary incorporated. Perhaps someone else out there would like…