- I now have my plane tickets for Kalamazoo. Also, my UHIP receipt, new UHIP card, reconfirmed my student status with my bank... yesterday morning was very productive, errand-wise.
- Ancient bunny discovered in Britain! (via Mirabilis; for easterbunny)
- Phat Duck is an interesting new food blog written by a cook whose doing an internship at The Fat Duck, one of the UK's most talked-about restaurants, one which specializes in molecular gastronomy. I find the behind-the-scenes descriptions fascinating.
- From an article on the newest Splenda product, pseudo-brown sugar: "Sales of both white and brown sugar in the United States have been declining for years. Sales have dropped 10 percent since 1999, Mintel International, a research firm based in Chicago, has reported."
- In writing implement news, the oldest Iranian stylus thus far has been dug up. It dates from at least 1000 B.C. (via Cronaca)
- Apartment mates: not for everyone, but an energizing approach to retirement for increasing numbers in Germany.
- Tori Amos is touring the eastern seaboard of the U.S. - and passing from post to post in the process. She's gone from the lands of gravities to austengirl to irisbleu and jennaria in the last week or so.
Odds and Ends
My sister tells me that telling jokes to earn one's treat for Halloween is a Des Moines thing. People in the DC area don't do it. Really?
One of the highlights of going to the Chocolate Show today was a panel called "Judging the Judges". The award winners of a raft of major chocolate…
For weeks, I'd been looking forward to eating at Dabbous, but they cancelled at the last minute, thanks to a gas leak. We already had childcare, so I…