S. Worthen (owlfish) wrote,
S. Worthen

International Student News (Canada)

The federal government has announced, among other Immigration changes, that International students will be able to work while completing their degrees.

Previously, international students attending institutions in Canada could only hold jobs on their home campus. Now - presumably beginning this fall - students will be able to work wherever they want while attending university.

Also, in a related development, international student visa holders in Canada will now be able to obtain a two year post-degree work visa. Currently, upon completion of one's degree in Canada, international students can quite easily obtain a one-year work extension. Unfortunately for U of T'ers, this second change only affects students outside of Toronto, Vancouver, and Montreal.
  • Post a new comment


    default userpic

    Your reply will be screened

    Your IP address will be recorded 

    When you submit the form an invisible reCAPTCHA check will be performed.
    You must follow the Privacy Policy and Google Terms of use.