- Impromptu lunch with haggisthesecond and naxos - good for company and to get me out of the house on Tuesday.
- A lovely dinner at Navarro's, a Spanish tapas restaurant on Charlotte St. near Goodge St., with oursin.
- Attended my first full First Thursday pub night in London. There were a handful of people I'd met before, at least, but nobody I really knew well, which made me awkwardly hovery at times. Still, G. thoughtfully introduced me 'round to a number of other people, which helped a great deal. Oddly, she's twice pointed out people to me by their LJ names, but I don't know hers, nor she mine.
- Attended that somewhat rare beast, a talk on Kepler. More typically, it dealt with his mathematical astronomy, and was full of geometrically detailed material which I'm quite sure I could understand if I was given a ruler, compass, and a few hours to draw and decipher.
- Somehow, it's felt like a madly busy week when I'm not sure it really was one. My work habits have been steadily improving, so - quite rightly - I've had somewhat less time to be frivolous.
- Sometime soon I'll write up the rest of my trip to Paris, involving some fabulous highlights, including a recently opened exhibit on Medieval Islamic Science! Also, the harvest fair at Wisley; Anthony's; Perigee.... Whether or not you'd like to read about them, these are all things I would like to write about - but write about right.
- Today I'm meeting up with a friend's sister, going to a food fair at Covent Garden (it's on all weekend!), and then catching a train northwards.
I finally bought the album for this year's Eurovision. I listened to it on random today while sorting papers. Much to my surprise, a song came on…
This year's Eurovision song contest features a ridiculously large number of videos with very gloomy visuals, some justified, some not. Over half were…
I wrote this for a four-year-old, trying to minimize the amount of challenging vocabulary incorporated. Perhaps someone else out there would like…