In almost all other respects, The Foundling is an entirely different book than Harry Potter.
Also today -
- Elephants talked to me on the telephone.
- I saw mermaids and a unicorn.
- I felt very tiny in close proximity to a blue whale replica. This and the preceding two events were all at the Natural History Museum.
- I ate a lovely lunch with taldragon, gandalfgreyhame, and cynicaloptimist.
- I bought an ice cream scoop, which will save any more spoons from sustaining ice cream damage.
- I was lured (rather easily) into my first trip to a Hotel Chocolat outlet. I particularly admired their ingenuity in marking a chocolate tasting for children set.