I spent my evening with Smithies! It features a talk by Peter Rose (who is retiring. He's been teaching there since '60). I met people. We talked. It was good practice in presenting my research project to an intelligent audience that knows nothing about the subject. I'll probably keep in touch with 2 of them.
Other than that...
- Talk on transmission of 14th-16th century Indian mathematics to Europe.
- Badminton - I've deduced that it's most just the overhead clear shot I have problems with. I seem to get along fine with the others we've done so far. Today: flat, straight shots.
- Latin - I could toss in a few contributions even without preparing. That was good. While waiting for the bus to the alum event, my latin prof. walked by and introduced his wife, kindly saying I was one of the best students in the class. Very tactful of him.
- Some work in the morning on the paper and the labels for the overheads.
- Errands - shampoo, soap, grapes (for the potluck). A Spanish dictionary for a passage for the paper.
- My Alumnae Quarterly has FINALLY arrived so I can be narcissistic and find the picture on me and my sister and mother.