In honor of someone who organizes other peoples' time for a living, here are some handy time-saving techniques from my past few days.
- Don't open your mail over your paper recycling container. You never know when there will be small pieces of paper in that envelope which might fall down into a maze of other paper.
- Be careful when opening cream cheese containers. That foil lid is dangerous, and bleeding is a waste of time.
- If you care about the arrival date of a package, order it immediately, just in case there are unexpected delays.
- If you're in the UK and are ever in any danger of needing to send postcards internationally, buy a booklet of Worldwide Postcard Stamps. Like first class stamps, they won't expire.
- If you want to waylay surprise packages that might arrive in the mail, don't let the birthday boy go off with the mailbox key for the day.