- I filled in for my advisor on his early tech class. This would mean more if I'd given a lecture. Instead, I merely pressed play on a video tape. Still, the concept made me feel as if I'm working in the right direction.
- I received a package in the mail at school. It was a book I really didn't need, but more importantly, receiving it means that HSS has my check - so I'm now a member of the History of Science Society. Hopefully I'll soon be receiving the more interesting things which come with the membership.
- Indeed, some of it may have already arrived. I have email saying there's an oversize envelope for me in the office, the next time I'm in to pick it up.
- And in fact, I was there when Denise tried to put it in the mailbox, only I didn't realize she was putting it in mine and she'd forgotten my name entirely, obviously. She asked us what she should do, and we recommended keeping it and leaving the person a note. Thus the email in my previous bullet point. Ironically, the only other person in the common room also received a package (desk copies!).
- I've done my work hours for the week and caught up on my overdue hours!
- We're reading through the intro to the Vulgate faster than I was expecting. I'm having trouble telling how much of this I feel comfortable with or could handle without glossing.
- I've redirected most of my email to our new all-pupose web host. It's a new era!
- I ran into a committee member and we stopped and chatted for five minutes while he found out how the police lead their horses into the horse trailer. It was good to catch up.
- Harry Potter movie tomorrow night! With many people!
Packages and Professionalism
The UK's Royal Mail has an ingenious way of making money on the side. It will distribute fliers on behalf of other companies to anyone who has…
I packed by size. I can always re-order on arrival. I care most that the jigsaw puzzle of books are securely packed and won't be harmed. Thus it…
No more windowsills desperately molding. No more cracks in the wall as the building settles. No more all-electric heating. No more excess of…